3M™ IJ180 vs 3M™ IJ280 Vinyl
Installed Graphics compares the two for you in one simple page.
- 3M™ IJ180: Is a durable, cast vinyl film designed for long-term outdoor use. It has a lifespan of up to 10 years and is known for its resistance to UV radiation and tough weather conditions. It's has been a reliable choice for vehicle wraps and outdoor graphics for many years.
- 3M™ IJ280: IJ280 is another cast vinyl film from 3M, but it is generally considered to be less durable compared to IJ180. It's designed for medium-term applications and typically has a lifespan of around 5-7 years. While it's still a good choice for outdoor use, it may not be as long-lasting as IJ180.
- 3M™ IJ180: Is known for its excellent conformability, making it a preferred choice for wrapping vehicles and applying graphics to complex curves and contours. It can stretch and conform to irregular surfaces with ease.
- 3M™ IJ280: Offers good conformability, it may not be as flexible as IJ180. It's more suitable for flat or slightly curved surfaces. IJ280 tends to conform better at room temperature.
- Both films come with 3M's proprietary Controltac™ and Comply™ adhesive technologies, which help with ease of application and bubble-free installation. They allow for repositioning during application, which is especially important for large-scale graphics.
- Both IJ180 and IJ280 are available in a variety of finishes, including gloss, matte, and satin, to suit different design preferences.
- Both vinyl films are compatible with solvent, latex, and UV-curable ink systems, making them versatile choices for various printing methods.
- 3M™ IJ180 is generally considered a premium product, and it tends to be more expensive than IJ280. The choice between the two may depend on your specific project requirements and budget constraints.